Friday, December 12, 2008

What Could've Been

A couple of months back, I took Matilda to the vet because she was having some serious stomach trouble (that story is best left for another posting). The vet that saw us had seen us a few times before. The first time she encountered Matilda she exclaimed that she knew her. It turned out that she and her husband had visited the shelter when Matilda first arrived there. She wanted to adopt Matilda and her husband wanted to adopt a beagle. Her husband won. During this visit, I asked about the beagle. She told me that they had to put the dog down because they found a huge tumor in its belly. They hadn't had the dog for six months. I felt so bad for her and her husband, but I was very glad that the shoe wasn't on the other foot.

2 comments:

MBB Founder and Editor Denene Millner said...

Aw--so sad! I trust that Matilda is better?

The Tildy Spot said...

Yes, Matilda is fine. She just had to go in for her shots.