Monday, December 22, 2008

Now She Needs A Coat

I took Matilda to get groomed today. I wanted her to be spiffy and clean before I took her home for the holidays. More importantly, I wanted her nails trimmed so that she wouldn't leave scratches in Mom's floor.

Matilda usually looks a little scruffy, and I like that. It fits her spunky little personality. This is a picture of her after she rolled around on the couch.

After her haircut today, she looked like this.
Doesn't she look pitiful? I think she looks like a little rat dog. This cut really accentuates her gray eyebrows and moustache. Makes her look like a boy. She looks like an old English professor.

The groomers did this to me last year. It was a different groomer, but in the dead of winter they gave my baby a summertime haircut. She looked like a pitiful little boy rat dog in all of the holiday pictures. This year will be an unfortunate repeat.

My sister's dog will be at home too. He's a 15 pound Yorkie. He's got a beautiful long coat.

I hope Matilda doesn't feel self-conscious.

I don't believe in doggie clothes, but it was in the mid twenties here today. Matilda is 11.9 pounds. She needs every bit a fur she can get to keep her warm. Now, she needs a coat.


1 comment: