Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So I Got Her A Coat

It was 18 degrees outside this morning. I felt absolutely guilty about taking her outside, but when she's gotta poo, she's gotta poo. So I took her out. I took my little boy looking rat dog out in the 18 degree weather so that she could pee and poo. And she did, with a quickness. But when we got back to the house, she completely ignored me. She wouldn't eat. She barely looked at me and when she did, she had this pursed lipped cock-eyed look like she was not happy with me. Her anger was obvious, but I wasn't sure why she was mad. Maybe it was because I didn't allow her to chase after every squirrel that crossed our path. Maybe it was because out walk was cut drastically short. Maybe it was because it was 18 degrees outside and I had all her hair cut off the day before. Whatever the reason, she was mad and she was doing all she could to make me feel bad about it. When I was ready to leave the house and go to work, she started shivering. She must have learned the art of the guilt trip from the queen, because her little sad faced shivering act had me feeling like the worse dog parent there ever was. As broke as I am, I walked out of the house resolute in the idea that I had to buy her a coat today, no matter what. And I did.

Isn't she cute?! I'm proud of my $15 Target purchase. I opted for practical instead of cute. This red little number by Boots & Barkley is water repellant and has light reflector trimming on the back. It also has a little zipper pocket on the back. I'm not sure what that's for. Maybe I'll use it for an extra house key or a little treat for her. And to top it all off, my walk-the-dog-coat is red with light reflector trimming too! We'll make a cute little pair walking down the street in the artic cold.
Somebody help me. I've bought clothes for a dog.

3 comments:

Tabitha Blue said...

Haha, that is too cute!! I love little animal clothes, she looks great. You two will, for sure, make a cutsie little pair strolling down the block!!!!


:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Cathy said...

Yes, she is so cute!! And I'll bet you make a cute pair. Visiting from SITS....Happy New Year's Eve!

Anonymous said...

I would put her a treat in her pocket. Once the business is over, get her in, feed her a treat, and all will be well with the world. Good post!