Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm the Mama!

I've been overly concerned lately that Matilda loves everyone. I'm truly not sure what she would do if someone broke into the house. Instead of getting angry, barking, and trying to hurt the person, I think she might just jump up, wag her tail, and beg for the burglar to pet her.

It makes me think that she would just love anyone as much as she loves me. :(

I took her to the vet last night to get her rabies shot. I think she enjoys going to the vet because she gets to play "Who's the Boss" with the other dogs in the waiting room. She was trotting around with her tail wagging faster than a metronome set on 300 beats per minute. When the vet's assistant came out to get her, she got sad right away. He took her leash and tried to get her to walk with him to the back. She looked up at him and rolled her eyes. Then she looked up at me, jumped up in my lap, and gave me the look made famous in those Sarah McLachlan "Save the Animals" commercials. You know those classic sad puppy dog eyes that beg you to do whatever it is they want. Then she curled up in a circle and layed on my lap and licked me on my sweatpants.

She does love me! I AM the Mama! Or maybe she was just trying to get me to do what she wanted. Either way, she wasn't giving him any love, so I'm happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! I think the same thing! If someone broke into my house my dog would probably bring them a pillow or a blanket! (He tends to grab one or the other in his mouth bc he's so happy we're home!)