Tuesday, July 8, 2014

New Shoes

                              

I bought these shoes in 2010 for the Lupus Walk in Washington, D.C..  Since then, I've used them almost solely to walk Matilda.  We walk twice a day for a total of about two miles.  By my estimation, these shoes have almost 3,000 miles on them.  I love these shoes even though the sole is separating from the toe and flopping on the back of one of the heels.  The only reason I have decided to retire them is that I stepped in a pile of poop and I can't seem to get rid of the smell.  I feel bad about throwing them away, especially when I see a homeless person walk down the street.

                           

These are my new shoes.  I bought them for this year's lupus walk.  They aren't as comfortable as my old shoes, but I'm hoping they will be after a few more miles.

No comments: